Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
- Roast nuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans) for about 15
minutes at 300°F (150°C) or until slightly browned. Turn frequently.
oven to 350°F (175°C).
Using a double boiler, combine and stir the following ingredients into the
inner saucepan until smooth. Alternately, you
can heat them in a microwave oven at a low power setting; just enough to melt chocolate.
- 1/2 cup butter (113 grams)
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate (113 grams)
- Let it cool.
- Beat until light in color and foamy in texture:
- 4 eggs at 70°F (21°C)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add gradually and continue beating
until very creamy:
- 1+1/2 to 2 cups sugar (300-400
grams, depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- With a few swift strokes, combine the cooled chocolate
mixture and the eggs and sugar. Do not use an electric mixer.
Before the chocolate mixes completely, fold in gently by hand:
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- Before the flour is uniformly mixed, stir in gently:
- Bake in a greased 9x13-inch pan about 25 minutes.
- When cooled, spoon over the cake:
Making coffee syrup:
In a small pan, combine and heat at low, stirring until it becomes
- 1 oz. (30 grams) powdered sugar
4 tablespoons very strong coffee
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net