Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
Ingredients for 8 pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups (200 g) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green onions or scallions
- 1/2 cup and 1 1/2 tbsp. (140 cc) hot water
- 1 tbsp. (15 cc) coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. salad oil
- In a large bowl, sift 1 1/2 cups (200 g) all purpose flour.
Add 1/2 cup and 1 1/2 tbsp. (140 cc) hot water
and stir until the ingredients are blended well.
- Sprinkle flour over a kneading board or other appropriate kneading surface. When the dough is still
hot, knead the dough for about 3 minutes or until it becomes soft and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball and
place it back in the bowl, covering it with plastic wrap. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut the dough into 2 sections.
While making sure that the dough does not stick to your kneading surface, roll the dough into a 14-inch
- Spread 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil or vegetable shortening on the dough.
Next, spread 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon
salt. Finally, sprinkle 1/3 cup chopped green onions on the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder. Cut the dough into four sections and make each
section into a spiral/snail shape. Flatten the spiral with the palm of your hand.
Roll it out into a 5" (13 cm) disk. Repeat with other 3 pieces. Now you can repeat the above steps
with other half of dough, to make a total of 8 uncooked pancakes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. salad oil in a frying pan. Put one of the pancakes in the pan and
immediately flip it over to coat the dough with oil evenly. Cover with a lid and cook each side about
3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with soy sauce.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net