Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
Chilled Cucumber and Yogurt Soup
Source National Yogurt Association
Try with your extra home grown cucumbers in hot summer.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 4 cucumbers
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup no-fat chicken broth or water
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 scallion, green top only
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
- 3 radishes
- Dill sprigs for garnish
- Peel, seed and slice cucumbers. Place slices in blender with yogurt,
garlic, white wine vinegar, honey and a little salt and pepper. Puree
until very smooth.
- Add chicken broth or water.
- Pour contents into a soup terrine.
- Thinly slice green top of the scallion. Stir sliced scallion top and
chopped dill into soup. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator
- Cut tomato, avocado and radishes into very fine dice. Lightly mix
the three vegetables. To serve, pour a generous ladle of soup into each
bowl and garnish with vegetable mixture and dill sprigs.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net