Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
Vegetable Grain Soup
- 1/2 medium size yellow onion ,chopped
- 1 stalk celery , chopped
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil for saute
- 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast (optional) ,
- 2 cloves garlic, crashed
- 7 cups water
- 1 large or 2 small carrot , chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 4 ~5 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup Kashi (If you don't have Kashi, you replace
with mixture of sesame seeds, whole pearl barley, long grain brown rice,
black rice, etc.)
- 1/4 cup dry spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. parsely, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 + 1/2 Knorr tomato bouillon cube or vegetable
- Heat olive oil in a 6-qt. pot. Saute onion and celery with sugar.
When onion is carameralized, stir in chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes
- Add water, all the seasonings and the rest of the ingredients, except
spaghetti noodles and zucchini. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for
30 minutes at least.
- Add noodles and zucchini, cover and simmer until noodles are cooked.
Add salt to your taste.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net