Prepare the soup:
Put the following ingredients together. Heat before serve.
- 1 cup dashi
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet sake for cooking)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
Prepare for tofu:
- 1 firm tofu
- salad oil to fry
- about 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 ~1/3 cup grated Asian radish ( daikon)
- 1 green onion
- Cut into 8 pieces and set it aside.
1 firm tofu
- Pour salad oil to a 6-inch skillet, 1/2 inch deep.
While the oil getting heated, coat one tofu slice at a time with cornstach
on all sides. (Coat them just before frying )
- Place them on paper towel to drain the excess oil. While hot, put
them in a bowl, pour warm soup and put 2 tbsp. grated radish
(daikon). Garnish with chopped green onions.
 If you do not have dashi, you
can use dilluted memmi in place of the dashi broth and soy sauce.
Memmi is produced by Kikkoman
and is available at most supermarkets. Follow the "Tempura Sauce" or "Somen" instructions
on the bottle for preparing 1 1/4 cups of agedashi soup. For example, for Kikkoman memmi
it requires 4 parts water for 1 part memmi, so you would use 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup
memmi to get 1 1/4 cups of agedashi soup.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net