Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
The traditionally red color that you see on
tandoori chicken is from red food coloring,
which this recipe omits.
August 23, 2011: This recipe has recently been updated and corrected.
Please note that the
amount of salt has been reduced to the proper amount, and other ingredients have changed.
- 5 chicken legs or 3 lb. (1.3 kg) bone-in chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup and 1 tbsp. (200 cc) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients (everything except for the chicken) together in a large bowl. Remove the skin from the chicken,
then wash and pat-dry chicken with paper towel. Dip each chicken piece into the marinade, making sure all the
sides are coated. Cover and refirigerate overnight.
- Traditionally, tandoori chicken is baked in a clay oven, but you can use a regular oven or barbecue it. Place
chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
and bake for 40 minutes. You can also barbecue the chicken.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net