About 8x8 inch square Almond Toffee
- Chop finely 1 oz. almonds or walnuts for topping.
- Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with lightly oiled aluminum foil.
- In a sauce pan put together:
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
1/8 cup water (28 grams)
1 Tbsp Karo corn syrup (15 cc)
1/4 lb butter (1 stick 110 grams)
- Cook over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
Set a timer for 10 minutes and add:
- 1/4 lb. chopped almonds (110 grams)
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir with a wooden
spatula constantly but slowly.
rapid stirring. Avoid sugar liquid sticking to the side of the pan.
crystallized sugar will fall into the liquid mixture and ruin the
a timer only for a guide. The candy has to reach 290F(145C) and
it should be dark caramel or amber color. It becomes darker caramel color at 10 minutes:
- Immediately pour the mixture out onto a prepared
pan. Spread as flat as possible. While the toffee
is hot, sprinkle:
- chopped 4 oz. bar of chocolate (110 grams)
- After the chocolate melts, spread it evenly over the toffee. Then sprinkle:
- 1 oz. finely chopped almonds or walnuts
- After the toffee is cooled to room temperature, break into serving