About 22 cookies
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees F (170 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Have ready a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) round tip.
- Oil a heart shape cookie cutter.
- Sift together:
- 1 + 1/2 cup almond meal/almond
flour(150 grams) or
you can substitute with almond paste
2/3 cup powdered sugar (70 grams)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat egg whites and gradually add sugar until
a soft peak forms when you raise the beater, or until it is creamy
and glossy, but not dry.
- 2 egg whites
1/3 cup granulated sugar (70 grams)
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Add the dry ingredients in two additions to
the egg whites, and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Fill the pastry bag with the almond mixture. Pipe
into the oiled heart shaped cookie cutter. Remove the cutter and
smoothe the edge and the top surface with a wet finger tip.
- Generously sprinkle powdered sugar and let it
dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Bake at 335F(170C) for 20 minutes or until slightly
If you are using almond paste:
Break the almond paste into small pieces and place in bowl of food
processor, with powdered sugar and baking powder. Pulse until the
mixture is very fine.