This recipe serves 2 to 4 people.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet(s), cut into 2 inch wide strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Mix water, yogurt, salt, sugar, ground coriander and cumin powder in a bowl.
- Add salmon strips to the marinade, making sure to coat each piece. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- On a baking pan, lightly grease aluminum foil with vegetable oil.
- Gently wipe off most, but not all, of the marinade and place the salmon skin-side down on the baking pan. Discard remaining yogurt marinade.
- Bake the salmon at 400°F (205°C) for 17-20 min. or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon reaches 145°F
(63°C). Broil for another minute to brown the top.