Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
A bread machine is used.
It makes a wonderful Xmas gift.
- 4 + 1/4 cups (600 gram) high gluten flour
- 2/3 cup (130 gram) Sugar
- 2/5 cup (100 CC) lukewarm water
- 2/5 cup (100 CC) milk
- 1 + 3/4 tsp. (8 gram.) salt
- 1/2 cup(130 gram) butter (softened at room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 6 + 2/3 tsp.(100 gram) dry yeast
- 1 cup (170 gram) raisins soaked in rum for a day
- 1 cup (150 gram) hazel nuts or walnuts (chopped and
- 1/2 cup (100 gram) candied
- 1 whole lemon zest
- 1/4 cup rum
Things you need
- 3 panettone molds..... For this recipe, you need 3 - 11.5 oz coffee
cans. Line the cans with parchment paper. Here I use cans that I trimmed
the top 3/4 inch.(not necessary) If they are not trimmed, the parchment
paper should not be extending the rim like this picture. Cut out the
bottom liner. All sides should be lined with the parchment paper.
- Parchment paper
- Put milk and water in a cup and heat to lukewarm in a microwave oven.
Sprinkle yeast and stir once or twice. Set it aside until it bubbles.
- Meantime mix eggs, sugar, salt in a blender until it becomes creamy.
Add yeast mixture and mix more.
- In a bread machine put flour and the egg mixture. Mix with knife.
Do not add butter at this point.
- Set the machine to "dough" and let it knead
- At the last 7 min of kneading time, Add butter, raisins, candied orange
peel, nuts and lemon zest. Use your hand to help the machine to blend
the ingredients evenly. Let it rise in the machine until it doubles.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
- Roll each dough to let the air out with a rolling pin.
- Roll the dough to shape.
- Fold the both ends together.
- Cover the dough with the parchment paper. Don't replace the parchment
paper with spray. You will regret. Put it in the can.
- Let it rise until doubled.
- Cover the three cans with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Since this
recipe requires a large amount of sugar, it tends to burn easily on
- Bake at 380°F for the first 20 min and reduce to 375 for the
last 20 min.If you are using an electric oven, put a bowl of boiling
water on the bottom rack. Check the top surface at the last 10 minutes
of baking time. If it looks too dark, reduce heat. Total baking time
is from 35min to 40 min.
- Sprinkle powder sugar on top after cooled
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net