- 4 cups (3 1/5 American cups) sweet rice
- 1 cup (4/5 American cup) California Rose rice
- 2 1/10 cup dashi
- 1/2 lb. chicken (white meat)
- 1/4 lb. bamboo shoots
- 1/4 lb. carrots
- 1/3 cup boiled soy beans
- a little parsley
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. sake
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. salad oil
- Wash rice and let it soak in plenty of water overnight. Drain 1 hour
- Mix all the seasonings in a bowl. Dissolve bouillon cubes in dashi.
- Cut all the ingredients into the size of a soy bean.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and stir fry all the ingredients (except
rice) at once. Add rice and stir fry for a while.
- Add soup and simmer until rice is half done and liquid is gone.
- Divide the rice in 15 portions with aluminum foil and steam in a steamer
for about 45 minutes or until rice becomes transparent.
This dish preserves well in the freezer.
When measuring rice, use the cup that comes with your
rice cooker. In this recipe, I use a Japanese measuring cup to measure the
rice, which is the equivalent of 200 cc. For the other ingredients listed
in this recipe, use the standard American cup which measures 8 (US) fluid
ounces or 240 ml.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net