Making Crepes (10,
- Combine and stir until the ingredients are well mixed:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (30cc) melted butter
- In a separate bowl, gradually add the liquid ingredients
to the flour, stirring well until there are no lumps of flour:
- 1 cup (125grams) twice sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (115cc) milk
- 1/2 cup (115cc) water
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch frying pan and melt butter. After
the butter start sizzling,, reduce heat to low. Lift and tilt a
pan with your hand and with your other hand pour the batter with
a ladle. Immediately move the pan up and down so that the batter
will spread thinly and evenly to cover the whole pan. Add a little
more if necessary. Cook until slightly browned, and turn it over
to cook the other side. Serve with mocha cream or blueberry filling.
Making Mocha Cream
Yields about 2 1/2 cups.
- Using a double boiler, combine and stir
the following ingredients into the
inner saucepan until smooth. Alternately, you can heat them in a microwave oven at a low
power setting; just enough to melt chocolate.
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 1/4 cups strong coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, mix together:
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- Add the cornstarch mixture to chocolate mixture. Add
and mix well:
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- At medium heat, bring the sauce to a boil , stirring
constantly. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat. When cooled, stir
in 1 tablespoon of brandy or Kaluha.
Making Blueberry Filling
- Mix well and fold in blueberries:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. sugar or more to your taste
- a little whipping cream to garnish (optional)