This recipe 2-3 chicken salad sandwiches.
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie or roast chicken
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 zest from a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- French bread
- lettuce leaves
- alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- Spread the almond slivers on a tray and toast until slivers are golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix roast chicken, diced apple, almond slivers, diced celery and
mayonaise. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Butter the French bread slices and assemble with the lettuce leaves, chicken salad and alfalfa